Things You Should Not Do Immediately After Eating
For some Individuals, they love to sleep immediately after eating or just watch a movie all through the day without leaving their homes. But little do they know, that this one of the worst thing one can do after eating.
Below are 5 things you should never do after you eat;
- Sleep – this seems like the most comfortable thing to do after having a meal. However, going to sleep right after you eat causes discomfort with your stomach and also bloating. A study at the University of Ioannina Medical School found that people who waited the longest after eating to go to bed were less likely to have a stroke.
- Shower – don’t have a shower right after eating. Taking a bath after meal delays digestion. The blood around the stomach flows to other part of the body during shower.
- No Fruits – so many are guilty of taking fruits right after having a meal. This is definitely a NO- NO. It’s better to eat fruits on an empty stomach. Fruits should be eaten an hour before a meal or two hours after a meal.
- No Tea- Tea leaves are acidic and will upset the digestion process. If you consume protein in the meal, the acid from the tea will toughen the protein content, making it hard to digest.
- No Smoking- you shouldn’t smoke after a meal. Smoking itself is bad for your health – it damages the lungs and other internal organs in the body. If you are going to smoke, at least wait a couple hours after eating.
Now that you know what the five things are, you should try abstain from them to allow proper body functioning and avoid bloating.