Baba Ganoush is for you. It’s a smoky and savoury recipe from the Middle East made with eggplant, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and lots more. It’s easy to make, delicious and can be used as a spread for bread or as a dip for raw, crisp vegetables. So if you’re bored of your regular spread or dip and ready to take your taste buds on a journey to the Middle East, then here’s where you should start. All ingredients are available on www.supermart.ng
- 2 medium-sized eggplants
- medium cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of paprika, for garnish
Method of preparation
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the eggplants on a baking dish and roast in your oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Set the cooked eggplants on a rimmed bowl and leave them until they are cool enough to handle, then peel the eggplants and discard the skin.
- Place the creamy insides into a bowl and add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, cumin, olive oil and one teaspoon of salt and stir vigorously until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Transfer the Baba Ganoush to a serving bowl and lightly drizzle olive oil on top. Lastly, sprinkle parsley and smoked paprika on top. For the best flavour, let the Baba Ganoush rest in your fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you don’t have the time to prepare this meal, then you can simply place an order for it here and we’ll deliver it to you in 45 minutes