How To Make Brigadeiro
Brazil is a country popularly known for soccer and amazing footballers but do you know that Brazil also has some amazing food and snacks? Well, you might not which is why we have decided to tell you about this delicious Brazilian snack Brigadeiro. The name “brigadeiro” means “brigadier” in English. According to popular beliefs, the Brigadeiro was created in honour of Brazilian Brigadier Eduardo Gomes in the 40s. It’s a popular snack made with cocoa powder, condensed milk, and chocolate sprinkles.
Below are all the ingredients and how it’s prepared, check it out and enjoy. All ingredients are available at www.supermart.ng.
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, plus more for rolling balls
- A pinch of salt
- Good quality chocolate sprinkles
- In a small saucepan mix the sweetened condensed milk, the cocoa powder, the salt and the butter.
- Bring the saucepan to the stove and heat it over medium-low heat.
- Cook it, mixing constantly (this is important, otherwise it will burn!) until it thickens. A way to know is to run your wooden spoon (or spatula) in the middle of the mixture. If it takes a while for the mixture to move, then your brigadeiro is ready!
- Take off heat, and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a plate or bowl, spread your sprinkles.
- Once the brigadeiro is cool, grease your hands with butter and roll the brigadeiros into little balls. (In Brazil we usually use half a tablespoon as measurement, but you can make your balls as big or small as you’d like!)
- Roll the brigadeiro balls into the sprinkles and place them in paper/foil candy cups.