Our love for cake is unexplainable, which is why we want to introduce you all to the Coconut Cake recipe. Ever had it? Well if you haven’t then here is your chance to. Follow the recipe and prepare it yourself, all ingredients are available on www.supermart.ng.
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 6 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 3½ cups flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups coconut flakes
Method of Preparation
- Grease three 9-inch pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter, oil, and sugar together until smooth. Beat in coconut extract and egg whites 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in coconut milk and mix
- Add cake flour, baking powder, salt and mix thoroughly
- Divide the batter among the three prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit in pans for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before layering and frosting.
- Make the frosting by using a hand mixer to beat cream cheese and butter together for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in coconut extract and mix until combined, about 10 seconds.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, one-half cup at a time until smooth, mixing between additions.
- Frost and layer cake with frosting and use coconut flakes to coat.