Since tomorrow is National Shrimp Day, here’s a recipe you can try out to enjoy this nutritious seafood. Garlic Butter Shrimp is a quick and easy recipe that can be eaten with spaghetti, yam, rice, potatoes and absolutely anything.
As its name entails, you’ll need garlic, shrimp, and butter for this sauce. To get the best result, make sure your shrimps are raw and not cooked. So, let’s get started.
All ingredients are available on www.supermart.ng
- 12-15 large shrimp
- 1/2 packet spaghetti
- 3 heaped tbs butter
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Handful parsley, thinly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 knorr beef cube
- Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, add salt if necessary. Leave to drain in a colander.
- Place a non-stick wok or skillet on low to medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
- When the oil heats up, add the garlic, saute for a minute.
- Add the pepper flakes, onion powder, chicken cube, paprika, cayenne pepper and saute for another minute.
- Add the cleaned shrimp and saute for two minutes, stir continuously and turn shrimp over to cook evenly.
- Do not overcook or you’ll end up with rubbery shrimp.
- After two minutes, add the butter, stir to dissolve and combine. saute for a minute.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, stir and combine.
- Add the chopped parsley if you’re using any, stir and combine.
- Switch the heat off and allow to simmer for a minute.