How to make Gizdodo
My first encounter with this delicacy was in Dublin, Ireland. This new sensation is winning the hearts of many at home and in the Diaspora. The combination of gizzard and dodo (plantain), with a spicy-sweet paste, is perfect as lunch or a side dish. There are several ways to create this delicacy. Mix and match ingredients until you find what works best for you. As usual, please share what you come up with!
Servings: (depends on amount of plantain and gizzard used)
Prep time: 40 mins
– 1/2 onion
1. Dice your pepper, onions, plantain and gizzard.
2. Put your gizzard into a pot; add some water, curry, thyme and some of your chopped onions.
3. Leave to boil for about 10 minutes.
4. For the sauce; pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a different pot.
5. Add onions, pepper, tomato purée, salt, stock cubes and thyme.
6. Stir and Leave to cook for 30 seconds.
7. Fry the plantain and gizzard.
8. Add the fried plantain and gizzard to the tomato sauce and mix.
Tip: Combine with your favourite rice for best meal combination.
Enjoy your meal and stay super!