Today is National Men Make Dinner Day, so guys grab your aprons, turn up your kitchen game and show the ladies that it’s not just water and indomie men know how to cook. Give your family a treat by preparing Pasta Bolognese, which is an Italian recipe that’s easy to prepare but yet rich in taste and nutrients.
Below is the recipe, try it out and I bet they will be asking for more after eating. All ingredients are available on www.supermart.ng.
- 1 pack of spaghetti
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Medium Onions (Diced)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 500g minced beef
- Fresh tomatoes and pepper (Blended)
- 1 medium can of Tomato paste (Optional)
- Carrots (diced)
- Mushrooms (Optional)
- 2 Seasoning cubes
Method of Preparation
- Boil your spaghetti, drain and set aside
- Heat up 2 cooking spoonfuls of Vegetable Oil in a saucepan. Add the diced onions, garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the minced beef, and fry. Stir continuously to break up the beef and fry for 4-7 mins until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add your blended pepper, tomato paste, curry, thyme, seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
- Let it cook for 10-12 mins. Stir often so that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Add cooked spaghetti, diced carrots and mushrooms. Cover and allow to simmer for 5 mins.