How to make Vanilla Popcorn
Who doesn’t like popcorn?! Okay, well, I know some don’t. But for those of us that do- you have to try this new, easy recipe that will have you licking your fingers. Before the healthy eaters begin to protest, you should know this- Compared to most snacks, popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. So sit back and enjoy this delicious treat with family and friends, over a movie.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 2mins
– 3 quarts popcorn
– 1 cup sugar
– 1⁄2 cup butter
– 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
– 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop the corn, place in large bowl, and then set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and baking soda in a pan. Stir, as you boil the mixture over medium heat, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Allow popcorn to cool slightly; serve.
Enjoy your snack and stay super!
Credit: Crunchy discoveries.