When a baby is going through the growth stage, all a mother wants is for her child to be healthy but a 6-8 months old baby is just starting to adjust to the world, so there are a lot of things to worry about like teething or crying because your baby doesn’t know how to tell you that he/she is in discomfort. All of that worry can be a bit too much for a mother. However, Supermart.ng is here to lessen your worry by compiling a list of healthy food for a growing baby. You don’t have to worry if you are feeding your baby the right food, all you have to do is scroll down and check our list.
- Vegetable Tubers: Well-mashed tubers are nutritious for babies, they are rich in phytonutrients and high in vitamins A and C. You can use tubers like yam, sweet potato, Irish potato, carrots well mashed and mixed with proteinous food like fish and beef.
- Pap: A pap is a great way to start the day for a baby and they serve as a good source of protein. You can blend it with crayfish to add a fresh taste and add your own toppings such as fruits and nuts.
- Coconut: Coconuts are rich with significant health benefits of medium chain fatty acids. They help boost the immune system, improve digestion, and balance the blood sugar and they contain similar nutrients found in breast milk.
- Beans: Beans prevents your baby from becoming constipated because they are high in fibre. They are also high in iron, protein, vitamin B and antioxidants. They contain 10 times the amount of antioxidants as oranges. They should be peeled before cooking and well mashed for easy digestion.
- Eggs: Eggs contain choline, vitamin B which plays an important role in the development and functioning of a baby’s brain.
- Mashed Fruits: Fruits are good for health not just for babies but also for adults. Fruits that are easily mashed together like bananas are perfect for babies and are easily digested. Make sure to avoid fruits with seeds.
- Swallows: Gradually introduce other swallows like amala, eba, semolina. Swallows with Ewedu/Okro soup and no stew is good for a baby’s health. Always make sure the food is soft enough for your child to consume.
If you need any of these food items, check out our fresh food section