If you are planning a party for a few of your friends, or for that special person. You need to have everything in place to make it an interesting and enjoyable day- from the wine to the food, all should be top notch.
If you are a fan of red wine, you need to be selective with your choices. This is why we are here to educate you on the best red wine around in Lagos.
We bring you good quality red wine you should consider when hanging with friends;
- Syrah – also known as Shiraz, is one of the darkest red wine in the market. It is made from Syrah grapefruit. Syrah is a wine filled with a large amount of mouth drying tannins and has flavours like berries, pepper, tobacco and smoked meat. this wine goes very well with steak beef.
- Merlot – this red wine is considered to be the most popular red wine after the cabernet sauvignon. It is soft, ripe and has an elegant taste. Merlot has low tannin content and the flavours range from currant, black cherry, rose, violet and plum. You have this with any meal.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – this is the most popular grape wine among American drinkers, and it was a result of an accidental brewing between cabernet franc grape plant and white sauvignon blanc grape plant. The winemakers loved the grapes healthy level, which makes the wine stay in bottles for longer periods
- Malbec – Malbec has loads of juicy fruit and contains a lot of tannins. Malbec is made from the purple grape variety which gives the wine an inky dark colour. Malbec is a great alternative to the highly costed cabernet sauvignon. Malbec flavours are blackberry, plum, black cherry, milk chocolate and cocoa powder. Malbec wine pairs well with meat-based meals and Indian foods
- Pinot noir – pinot noir is delicious and most suitable for romantic occasions. Pinot noir is made from pinot noir grapes which are very difficult to cultivate and process in red wine. Pinot Noir is delicate and fresh with low levels of tannins. Pinot noir flavours are cherry, strawberry, raspberry, tomato and rose petal. Pinot noir pairs well with salmon fish, chicken and sushi rolls
- Zinfandel – zinfandel red wine has one of the highest alcohol content among all the red wines. This wine is well suited for male wine lovers. Zinfandel contains moderate tannins and tastes bold. Zinfandel flavours are jam, blueberry, black pepper, cherry and cranberry. Zinfandel pairs well with barbecued meats and pizza
Now you can start your wine shopping equipped with all this information, you can be assured you will be making a better choice. Drop your comments and observation below