How to make Puff Puff
Chairs- check. Music- check. Rice- check. Think you are set for your party? No. One major party treat is missing- Puff puff! Nigerian events are hardly complete without Puff-puff. I had been craving this little delight for a while and thankfully, I attended a party where it was in abundance. Easy to make but quick to fill you, Puff-puff is always a great idea. Okay team! Let’s get busy…
1. Put the floor in a bowl. Add ground nutmeg, powdered yeast, sugar and salt. Mix these items
2. Add warm water (aids faster rising) in small quantities and mix everything to blend.
3. Keep mixing until batter is smooth and thick.
4. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil and leave to rise for about 45 minutes. Ensure the covering is airtight. The mix is ready to be fried when the batter has risen in quantity and some air bubbles are visible.
5. Heat some oil (3 inches deep) in a deep pot.
6. Once the oil is hot enough, scoop the batter, form spherical shapes and drop into the oil. Avoid overcrowding the pot.
7. Flip the puff-puff once a side is golden brown.
8. Take out the puff-puff once golden and place in sieve to drain the oil.
Congratulations! The puff-puff is ready to be served!
Tip: Enjoy with stew or a favourite drink (or without any complement).
Enjoy your snack and stay super!