How to Make Ofada Coconut Rice
Its Countdown to Christmas (yaay), this is the time to try out new meals and have new food experiences. Cooking involves exploring various foods in the Kitchen. Christmas food has been a tradition for us while growing up and it has come to stay. Our hopes are high because there will always be plenty of food and drinks. We are excited about this, we know you are too.
That’s why today, we will be sharing a food recipe we think you should try during this Christmas. Most of us are used to the Jollof Rice or Fried Rice and various Swallows. Let’s spice it up with Ofada Coconut (Brown) Rice.
Some of you might have tried it before, while others might have heard of it and never tried, however, we want you to add this to your list of Christmas food this season because it is tasty and healthy.
Ofada rice is one we love so much & we can definitely put up with the smell. Ofada or Brown rice has more nutritional benefits than white rice. We also added vegetables & coconut milk.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup(s) Ofada Rice – Derica 850 g
- 1 can(s) MC Coconut Milk 400 ml
- 1 cup(s) Plein Soleil Peas & Carrots 400 g
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dangote Iodised Salt 250 g
- 5 tbsp(s) King’s Vegetable Oil 1 L
- 2 pc(s) Maggi Chicken Cubes 4g 100 Pieces
- 1 pc(s) Onions – Red (7 Pieces)
- Parboil the rice, rinse and set aside.
- Put back the rice to cook (on medium heat). Add the coconut milk. Season the rice with stock cubes and salt and allow to cook for 15 minutes until all liquid in the pot dries up. If the coconut milk does not cook the rice thoroughly, add some chicken or beef stock until it cooks properly.
- Chop the onions to your desired shape and size
- In a frying pan, add the vegetable oil and cook the onions and vegetables. Season with some salt. Stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the rice. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot.
We hope you enjoy and have a great one.