How To Cook Tropical fried Rice
Most of us love fried rice, but today we want to turn things up a notch by introducing you to this recipe tropical fried rice. This recipe is nutrient-packed and gives you a warm, fuzzy tropical island feeling. All ingredients are available at www.supermart.ng
- 1/2 pound extra large shrimp , peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 medium onion , sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked Long grain rice
- 1 cup peas and carrots (Frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons or more soy sauce
- Hot sauce (Sriracha or your favourite hot sauce) to taste
- Salt to taste (optional)
Method of Preparation
- Boil rice for about 20 minutes. Sieve and allow to cool.
- Heat a large frying pan for 2 minutes. When the frying pan is hot, pour in vegetable oil, frozen pea, and onions. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Add green onions, eggs, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for another 4 minutes, stirring continuously until eggs are cooked and everything is blended evenly.
- Serve hot and enjoy