How to make Bole And Fish
Bole and fish simply put is grilled/roasted plantain and fish sauce. Bole is very popular in this part of the world. It is usually sold on the roadside on locally made grills. Now this is a recipe for you to make in the comfort of your kitchen. Enjoy and make sure you share with friends.
1 whole fish (any one of your choice)
6 fresh peppers (blended or sliced neatly)
1 onion (chopped)
1 tbs black pepper (ground)
2 tbs red chilli pepper (ground)
½ tsp garlic (dried and ground)
2 cloves of ginger (minced)
Salt to taste
2 plantains (slightly ripe)
1. Clean fish and wash well. If you are using a fish that has scales, properly remove the scales, rinse well and set aside.
2. Mix all the ingredients except the fish in bowl
3. Place the fish on a large quantity of foil paper. Make some slices on the body of the fish for the marinade to penetrate the fish both inside and outside
4. Using a brush or your well washed hands, spread the marinade on the fish generously both in and out. Cover the fish with the foil paper and place in the fridge for about 20 minutes
5. Heat the grill on medium heat while the fish marinates in the fridge.
6. Place the fish on the grill and cook for 5 minutes each for both sides
7. In a large skillet, heat very little vegetable oil. Once hot, add the onions, seasoning cubes (optional), salt (optional) and pepper and leave to fry for 4 minutes.
8. Add the grilled fish to the pepper sauce. If you want the fish full, be careful when turning. Let the pepper penetrate every part of the fish. Set aside when that is done.
Preheat the grill.
Remove the plantain skin and place on the grill. Grill plantain for about 4 minutes turning at intervals.