How to make Shortbread Biscuits
Are you tired of giving away N450 for some 10 sticks of (well, honestly yummy) biscuits? Here is your chance at making yours! Yes, your own shortbread biscuits, baked right in your kitchen; and who knows, you could make money off it! When you do, send some this way. *winks*
Serves: About 20 -25 sticks
Prep time: 1 hr
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together until creamy.
- Sieve the plain flour + powdered milk (or the corn flour or rice flour) into the bowl and mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Form a ball with the dough and leave to rest in the fridge or in a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Now, preheat the oven at 170ºC /325ºF for about 5 minutes.
Then Place the dough on a table and roll it out to 3/4 inch thick width, then cut into 2cm by 10cm shortbread fingers or shapes and gently transfer unto a baking tray.
- Using a toothpick, make indents on the shortbread fingers.
- And finally, place the tray into the preheated oven and bake at 170ºC /325ºF for 10- 12 minutes or until firm, but not brown.
*If you don’t have icing sugar, you can make use of finely ground granulated sugar.
*Shortbread should not be browned but should have a cream color.