In case you didn’t know, suya spice is called Yaji in Hausa. Going back to basics, this suya recipe does not require yaji/suya spice. We are sure you are already wondering how possible it is. Well… it is and we are sharing it with you because we love you. Thank us by dropping a comment after the cut
Suya doesn’t necessarily have to be eaten with suya spice. This recipe is just as hot, spicy and delicious as the regular suya. What we love about this recipe is that it is even healthier than what you will get from the regular roadside mallam.
- 1 kg Beef (Washed and sliced into flat pieces)
- 1 Green pepper
- 10 pieces Fresh red pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cubes Seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 2 tablespoon Curry powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 bulb Garlic
- Skewer sticks
- Wash the beef arrange on skewer sticks. Set aside
- Blend the peppers, onion and garlic together. Do not blend until smooth
- Add all the seasonings to the pepper mix, marinate the beef in the pepper mix for about 4 hours
- Heat grill and brush with some vegetable oil.
- Place marinated beef on grill and grill until both sides are golden brown
- Garnish with suya pepper (optional).
*** words in orange are hyperlinked. Click to be redirected ***