Today is National Pancake Day, so how about we make something different from the regular pancakes we all know; Introducing the Banana Pancake, it’s fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and delicately flavoured with bananas, it’s one you’re sure to enjoy. Check out the recipe below
All ingredients are available on www.supermart.ng
If you don’t have the time to start making it from scratch then we’ve got pancake mix you can use here.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 over-ripe banana, peeled (the browner, the better)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
Method of Preparation
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until almost smooth. add the eggs and milk then whisk until well blended.
- Pour the banana mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture and mix (do not over-mix).
- Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a non-stick pan (the butter gives flavour and the vegetable oil prevents the butter from burning).
- Spoon the pancakes onto the non-stick pan and fry until some bubbles appear on the top and the underside is golden brown and crisp, then flip the pancakes and fry for a few more minutes.
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture and your pancake is ready. Enjoy