Popcorn is not just for snacking and movie nights alone. It can also inspire delicious treats like crunchy popcorn fried chicken, so let’s get creative and try it out. Below is the recipe, give it a go and let us know what you think. All ingredients are available on www.supermart.ng
- 1 lb of chicken breast, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 paper bag
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
Method Of Preparation
- In a paper bag, add 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels, 1 tbsp of butter, and 1 tsp of salt. Fold over the top of the bag to close. Microwave it for about 2½ mins.
- Pour popped popcorn into a food processor, and add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Pulse until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Transfer the popcorn crumbs to a plate.
- With 1 cup of all-purpose flour on a plate and 2 beaten eggs in a bowl, dredge each piece of chicken in this order: flour, egg, popcorn crumb. Do the same to the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Heat up a nonstick frying pan, then add the oil and wait until it heats up. Add 10-12 pieces of chicken to the pan, keeping overcrowding in mind. Turn occasionally until they are golden brown. Remove them and put them on a plate with a paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Serve them with ketchup or barbecue sauce.