How to make Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
I am a bread lover! My grandfather owned a bakery, my mother is a ‘breadie’ and there’s no brainer I got it from her. I thought to establish that fact before going further. I know how unhealthy bread can be and the healthy ones don’t seem to go down well my throat, so it’s something I have come to accept and live with (but I can be determine and decide to stay a whole TWO weeks without bread if I am motivated). And I love chocolates! Therefore when I came across a bread pudding recipe with chocolate in it, I thought to play around with it. The first time, I didn’t quite like the outcome but I figured out how to make it to my taste and I have not stopped since then.
Prep time: 1:15minutes
Light cream cheese spread, 4 ounces (Philadelphia)
Brown sugar ¼ cup
Egg whites 2
Ground cinnamon, 3⁄4 teaspoon
Non-fat milk, 1 ¾ cups
Whole wheat bread, 7slices (cubed)
Semi-sweet chocolate 1 ounce (coarsely chopped)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Beat cream cheese spread and sugar in large bowl manually or with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
3) Add egg whites and cinnamon; mix well.
4) Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
5) Place bread cubes in 8-inch square glass baking dish.
6) Sprinkle chocolate over bread. Pour cream cheese spread mixture over bread mixture in dish.
7) Bake 30 to 35 minute or until set in center.
Tip: Cool slightly; serve warm. You could store leftover pudding in refrigerator.