How to prepare KFC Crispy Chicken
7 cups shortening
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour
¾ tsp pepper (or to desired taste)
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp baking powder
- Wash chicken well. You can use either large fillets or drumsticks. Drain off excess water.
- To the chicken, add ginger, garlic, lemon juice, red chili powder, turmeric, rosemary, salt, pepper powder, flour, garam masala and egg. Marinate well
- If you have enough time, you can refrigerate for about 45 minutes
- Pour the bread crumbs over the chicken. Mix well and set aside for at least 10 minutes for the bread crumbs to cling on to the chicken well.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom deep pan/kadai and fry till golden at medium high temperature. If the oil is very hot or is at very high temperature, chicken gets browned fast without getting cooked inside. The oil should be hot enough and the flame at medium high.