11 Health Benefits of Avocado
Few lies have been told in articles, blogs and airwaves adverts claiming some foods are healthy and other unhealthy, all in the name of trying to sell their products. Why will anyone tell you to change your habits when you can correct them by adding berries to your meal to reduce the sugar content; Why settle for old boring and bitter herbs, when chia seeds on your cereal can make you super healthy.
Ben Goldacre pointed out in his book Bad Science that many people feel they understand the value of antioxidants that “mop up” the free radicals that damages the cells, but many do not understand that the body mostly depends on free radicals to kill bacteria and fight germs due to metabolic reactions in the body. For example, healthy bacteria which are normal micro flora in the body help to attack foreign bodies that causes illness. Does that mean a surfeit of antioxidants might weaken our immune system? Or are there fruits and vegetables that holds this solution right inside them? This point comes when you have no option other than asking a doctor.
The truth is that nutrition is fabulously complex; we know that if you eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables accompanied by regular exercise, your health will be balanced. And if you don’t, then your health is in danger and you need to start eating fruits today.
One Fruit that is very good for the body is “Avocado,” it is from the tree called Persia Americana. There are many different kinds of avocados and also different shapes; from pear- shaped to round and color from green to black.
Health benefits of Avocado
- Avocado is delicious and easy to incorporate in your diet.
- Eating avocado may help you lose weight.
- Avocado extract may help relieve symptoms of arthritis.
- Avocado may help prevent cancer.
- Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes.
- The fat in them can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods.
- Eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Avocados are loaded with fiber.
- Avocado is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- They contain more potassium than bananas.
- Avocados are incredibly nutritious.