How to make Butternut Squash Fritters
Even ‘non-food-buffs’ once in every while want to try out a twist to a basic recipe. Here is how to enjoy your butternut squash fritters better.
Serves: About 15 fritters
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded butternut squash, flour, eggs, minced sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined.
2. Line a plate with paper towels.
3. Liberally coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
4. Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout.
5. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt.
6. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining mixture.