In a typical Nigerian home, most weekends in the morning are for pap and akara or pancakes with syrups. This is because they find it easy to whip up within a short time frame.
Who doesn’t love a good yummy pancake? Pancake brightens the mood of most kids and even parents.
Here is how to make a fluffy scrumptious Nigerian pancake;
Time: 20 minutes
- Frying pan
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 6 teaspoons of sugar (for taste)
- Grounded Pepper (For taste)
- Vegetable Oil
- Syrup or Honey (toppings)
1. Melt the margarine by heating over the cooker at low temperature, and pour into the bowl.
2. Break the eggs into the melted margarine and mix till the mixture is smooth. Then add 1/2 cup of water.
3. Add flour to the mixture and stir till there are few lumps.
4. Add milk, salt, sugar, ground pepper, and 1/2 cup of water, then stir for an even mixture.
5. Place the frying pan on a cooker, and add some vegetable oil enough to lubricate the surface of the pan.
6. When the frying pan is hot, pour in some of the pancake mixture and spread across the pan by tilting.
7. Use a spatula to inspect the surface, when it is slightly brown flip, it to the other side for even cooking.
8. When both sides of the pancake are slightly brown, serve with some syrup or honey as a topping.
Image Credit: Nigerian Food TV