How to make Mango Smoothie
All around me, everyone seems to be taking the healthy route. I have decided to give into peer pressure this once. And for good reason too! Did you know that Mangos provide 100% of your daily vitamin C, 35% of your daily vitamin A and 12% of your daily fiber? This refreshing and healthy drink promises to leave you filled but craving some more.
– 250-300ml cold milk
– 1½-2 tablespoon sugar (to taste).
– Ice cubes, to serve
- Stand one of the mangoes upright with the narrow end facing you. Slice off the ‘cheeks’ on either side of the stone and slice these in half lengthwise.
- Cut around the stone to take off as much flesh as possible, capturing all the running juices in a bowl.
- Remove the skin by peeling or cutting the fruit carefully off it. Repeat with the other mango. Discard the skin and purée the flesh and juice in a food processor or blender.
- Add the milk and sugar and blend until it becomes a thick smooth mass. Chill until ready to drink. Add the ice cubes and serve straight from the fridge.
Tip: Mix smoothie with blended strawberries for tropical drink.
Enjoy your drink and stay super!