How to make No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Imagine making a chocolate biscuit cake without baking it? Stop imagining and put your aprons on because we are about make the eight world wonder.
- 800 g digestive biscuits and rich tea biscuits (broken)
- Planters mixed nuts 184 g (slightly chopped)
- Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 150 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup (120 g) whipping cream
- Lindt excellent dark 85% cocoa chocolate (chopped)
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat and toast nuts for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to toast evenly. Add toasted nuts over the biscuits.
- Prepare the chocolate syrup. In a medium sauce pan add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and gradually add water, while stirring to combine well. Add the butter and place over medium heat. Bring to boil for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the biscuits and nuts and combine well using a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into a non-stick round cake ware, bottom lined with parchment paper.
- Press well using the back of the spoon or an offset spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare Chocolate Ganache. Place cream into a small saucepan and heat until just begins to boil.Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over the chocolate biscuit cake and refrigerate to set for about overnight before serving.
- Decorate with toasted nuts if desired, cut into slices and serve.
ALL THE INGREDIENTS USED IN PREPARING THIS RECIPE ARE AVAILABLE ON SUPERMART.NG