How to make Plantain Fritters
Plantain lovers, now is the time to unite
This is proof that there are so many ways to explore with plantain. Enjoy this super delicious and easy snack.
When is Plantain day again? We can’t wait to celebrate the ever sweet plantain
#ShopSupermartng for all the ingredients used in preparing this recipe.
- 3 large ripe plantains
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
- ½ -1 teaspoon dried pepper or pepper sauce
- Mash plantains or puree using a food processor.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper to the mashed plantains. Stir in green onions, onions and parsley until fully combined.
- Using your hands, roll about a tablespoon of mixture in the palm of your hand into little bite size balls or use spoon to scoop it out.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a skillet or saucepan. Carefully place spoonful of the batter into the hot oil and fry until the fritters are crisp and golden-brown (you may need to do this in batches).
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- You may drain on paper napkin to remove any excess oil