How to make Plantain Paradise
This recipe deserves an award!
The name of this recipe says everything you need to know about it! This is plantain made in heaven! All the ingredients used in preparing this recipe gives a unique taste to the meal.
- 1 kg Sausage (chopped)
- 2 large Plantains (unripe – sliced)
- 1 large ripe Mango (chopped)
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Coarse Ground Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- Heat up olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add sausage, garlic, pepper, and onions. Cook together. Once the sausage is browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add all three to the pan that you just cooked the sausage, garlic, pepper, and cook over medium heat. Add in salt, pepper, and chili powder. Continue to cook until plantains are browning.
- Add the sausage sauce back to pan and continue to cook.
- Add orange juice to de-glaze the pan. Then add mustard. Stir gently until everything is well mixed and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve alone or over top of rice.
Pineapples can be used instead of mangoes for a sweeter and different taste.