How To Make Pumpkin Pie
If we have succeeded in making ourselves some pumpkin pie spice, I just felt like the next thing to make was the Pumpkin Pie itself! What do you think? Just so you get to use some of your homemade spice from the other day, here is a Pumpkin Pie recipe:
2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (there you go! Whisk it out with pride, you made it! LOL)
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the puree, honey, vanilla, salt, and spice together.
- Mix in the cream, then gently beat in the eggs.
- Carefully pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Cover the edges of the crust with a pie shield (or foil) and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove the shield/foil, and bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with a generous dollop of real whipped cream.
- Refrigerate the leftovers (if any)