How to make Tomato Peppersoup
Tomato pepper soup is quite different from the regular Nigerian buhka stew. This is a very popular Ghanaian recipe. It is not difficult to make and the preparation method is different from the conventional stew some of us are used to.
1 ginger (peeled)
1 garlic (peeled)
2 onions (chopped)
50g tomato puree
Salt to taste
1 garden egg (diced)
• Blend the ginger, garlic, chili, one onion and three of the tomatoes with some seasoning cubes and blend to a paste
• Place the mix on the meat with and marinade for about 10 minutes.
• Place the meat in a pan and cook gently for another 10 minutes.
• Add tomato puree to the meat and cook for 10 minutes. Add water and simmer until the meat is tender.
• Dice and add the remaining three tomatoes, the garden egg and the last chopped onion. Cook for 20 minutes.
• Remove the onions and tomatoes in the already cooked soup and blend until smooth, then add the smooth paste to the soup and bring to boil. Add your seasoning cubes and salt (if necessary).
Serve with fufu, or rice.