How to make Buttercream Frosting
Want some homemade frosting? Does buttercream do it for you? If yes, then try making some buttercream frosting right in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Serves: About 2 ½ cups
Prep Time: 5 min
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until it is light and creamy, about 1 minute. You could beat manually in the absence of a mixer.
2. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
3. Add half of the sifted powdered sugar and beat until combined.
4. Add the heavy cream and continue beating for an additional minute.
5. Add the remaining half of the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
Beating the frosting in between each addition of the powdered sugar lightens the color of the frosting and will make it more white in color (rather than yellow).