Yes, we know you’ve had fried rice a thousand times but have you ever eaten Chinese Fried Rice? We bet your answer will be know, well if you haven’t then here is the recipe, you can try it out. This recipe is more fine art than food – looks colorful and appealing and tastes like takeout, only super-good!
Prep time: 10minutes
Cook time: 18minutes
Servings: 4 units
3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
1 egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
3 drops soy sauce
3 drops sesame oil
1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
4 cups cold cooked rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain)
4 green onions, chopped
2 cups bean sprouts
2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown colour, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
- Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.