How to grill Red Snapper
Red Snapper Fish is said to be the best for grilling whole fish. The vibrant red color comes from the high levels of carotenoid pigments coming from the shrimp in their natural diet.
The red snapper is a healthy fish and this grilled fish recipe is one we are sure you will love.
Red Snapper Fish is available at Supermart. ng
1 whole red snapper (gutted and scaled)
Fresh basil (chopped)
Fresh cilantro (chopped)
4 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
5 cloves garlic (pressed)
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp brown pepper
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Thai sweet chili sauce
1. Heat the grill to about 350 degrees
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Place the fish on a foil-covered sheet pan. Score 3 diagonal cuts 1 ½ inches apart along the length of the fish from head to tail on both sides.
4. Drizzle some of the marinades over the fish, covering both sides and also the cuts.
5. Place fish in a grill basket and grill for 20 minutes with the cover of the grill closed. Always turn each side when a little charred and then brush with marinade at each turning. Barbeque until fish will flake.
6. Place on serving tray and brush with marinade for a glossy finish. Squeeze lemon or lime juice over, and sprinkle with chopped basil and cilantro.
Serve with any Dipping sauce of your choice.
Image Credit: Eatingwell