How to make Lemonade Ice Cream
You will need an ice cream maker for this but believe us when we say it is worth it.
This recipe requires a little cooking and cooling so you may have to plan ahead because of the eggs in this recipe. No one wants scrambled eggs in their ice cream, you will have to pay attention to details. It’s easy to do and takes just about 45 minutes of your time. But then again, it is ice cream and ice cream is worth every single minute spent. Plus it’s homemade which makes it better.
1. Heat the milk to a boil in a heavy pan. Cover and remove from heat.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until light and thick.
3. Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Turn the mixture to the sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens slightly and coats the back of the spoon.
4. Do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.
5. Add in lemon extract, zest, and juice.
6. Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature and then refrigerate it, loosely covered with plastic wrap until chill for at least 3 hours.
7. Freeze in the mixture in your ice cream maker.
8. Once it starts to set and thicken, add in the lemonade concentrate and continue mixing until it sets up.
9. Place in freezer to set up further.