How To Prepare Sausage and Shrimp Pasta
If you’re looking for a meal that’s delicious and takes less than 30 minutes, then we suggest you try out this sausage and shrimp pasta recipe. I’ve always enjoyed eating pasta at home and this sausage and shrimp pasta was no exception. Fresh vegetables, succulent shrimp and smoked sausage served over a creamy pasta – all of my favourite things in one pot! Looking for something a little different for dinner tonight? Then this meal is a must-try – it’s quick, flavourful and tastes as if it came from a restaurant. Below is the recipe, try it out and thank us later.
- 1 pack of any pasta of your choice (we used spaghetti)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 pound sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Garnish with chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until soft. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the butter, then add shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink. Take the shrimp out and set aside.
- Keeping the heat on, add in butter until it’s melted, then add in diced onion and green pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add in sausage and cook for another minute, then add minced garlic, salt, ground red pepper, and dried thyme. When everything is cooked and mixed well, pour in chicken stock. Mix again, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- When the sauce is thickening, add the shrimp and pasta back in the pot. Mix until everything is well-combined.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy.
Image from A Sprinkling of Cayenne