This is a fun recipe – fun making it, even more fun eating it! Who would have thought that scrambled eggs and bacon would go well with avocado? The tastes goes from spicy to ‘mashy’ (permit my new word there, J) Gosh, so yummy!
- 1 ripe Avocado
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 extra large, whole eggs
- 30g | 1oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 30g | 1oz short cut bacon, finely diced
- quartered heirloom tomatoes (for serving)
- fresh herbs (parsley, chives, or basil) for topping
- black pepper (to serve)
- Prepare avocado first by halving, pitting, and then gently peeling to remove skin (removing the skin is optional; however it’s easier to eat and slice into it when removed). Scoop out some of the Avocado flesh, leaving a 1cm thick edge around to create a ‘boat.’ Season with salt and set aside.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a nonstick pan (add oil only if needed) until golden and crisp; transfer to a warm plate.
- Lightly whisk the eggs. Melt the butter over low-medium heat in the same nonstick pan. As it begins to bubble, add the eggs and stir them around until just starting to cook through (it takes about 3 minutes). Once they’ve set to an almost custard-like consistency, remove from heat and quickly add the cheese folding it through the eggs until the cheese has melted (the eggs will continue to set off the stove from the heat of the pan). Spoon into the prepared avocado boats.
- Season with the crispy bacon, herbs and pepper. Serve with tomatoes.