When Lemon is not enough…
Some things sound so foreign until you try them out! Lemonade seems to fall in that category. Who would have thought that Lemonade was just a mix of some ripe mangoes, ginger, suagr and lemon juice in water! Ok, that’s a bit complex but it’s quite refreshing and hydrating, you should try.
Servings: 1 pitcher
Prep time: 1:15minutes
Ripe mangoes, 2 [peeled and flesh cut away from the stone and diced into small pieces]
Ginger, 1/4 inch [washed and cut into 2]
Sugar, 1 cup
Water , 6 cups
Lemon juice, 2 cups
- In a large sauce pan, combine the mangoes, ginger, sugar and water and simmer for about 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and let cool
- Strain mixture into a pitcher or jug and add the lemon juice
- Stir and taste. Add more water if mixture is too sweet or add a dash of vodka if it’s an adults-only drink
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
Tip: the variations are endless – jazz up by adding fruits of your choice and even herbs, for unexpected flavors.