How to make Raw Vegan Expresso Brownies
Today’s recipe is dedicated to all the vegans we have. Who says you have to eat boring food because you are a vegetarian? Enjoy this recipe. #ShopSupermart for all the ingredients used in this recipe.
- ¾ Cup raw walnuts
- ½ Cup raw almonds
- 1¼ Cup pitted dates
- ½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- In a food processor, process the walnuts and almonds until no large pieces remain. Set aside.
- Place the pitted dates in the food processor and process again until no large pieces remain. If the dates form a dough, just break it up with a knife and continue with the recipe.
- Add the ground nuts back to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, instant coffee, vanilla and sea salt. Process until all the ingredient are evenly distributed and the mixture starts to clump together.
- Prepare a loaf pan by lining it with wax paper, parchment or even plastic wrap. Pour the crumbly mixture in. Press down firmly.
- Refrigerate brownies for about 30 minutes before slicing so that the mixture is firmer.
Store in an airtight container or in the fridge.