How to make Soft Vanilla Butter Cookies
Healthy food is good for the body, but just like love (which is also a good thing); it is sadly, usually not enough. Many were born with a sweet tooth or at least it seems so as main meals just don’t ‘fill’ good if not topped with something sugary – chocolates, sweets, biscuits, wafers, juice or fruits! If it is fruits for you, you have pretty good taste (if you know what I mean) but if it is not, don’t sweat it, just eat it! Make your own hot soft vanilla butter cookies.
Servings: 36-48 cookies
Prep time: 1 hr 15 mins
Butter Flavour Crisco, 1 cup
Sugar, 1 cup
Brown sugar, ½ cup
Water, 1½ tablespoon
Vanilla, 1 teaspoon
Butter flavour extract (optional), 1 teaspoon
Flour, 3 cups
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Salt, ½ teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together Crisco, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, water, vanilla and butter-flavored extract until well mixed.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixing bowl and mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls; slightly flatten and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown.